Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Faith and Technology; Toward Integration to Christian Higher Education

Faith and Technology; Toward Intergration to Christian Higher Eductaion


It was hard for me to find common ground with this article, although I thought it did have some interesting points.  It is hard for me to agree with an article when my core belief is the opposite.  It is not that I completely disagree with faith integration in education, it is that I disagree with the way that Montreat College goes about doing it.  I have been at this school for four years and the more and more I have to implement my faith into my learning the more and more I don’t want to do it.  It’s almost like Montreat sets these boundaries on its students that they must be Christian and must integrate their faith in a way that holds up to the Montreat standards.  Frankly it turns me away. 

            Back to the article, I thought it was somewhat relevant to a reader with more religious expression then me.  I do feel like it is important for one to remember their morals and values, whether they be Christian or not, when it comes to dealing with technology.  Technology is such a huge part of our society and if we are careful it can begin to run our lives.   

No comments:

Post a Comment